SFP module will not connect to Extreme switch up stream

Chris-T
New here

SFP module will not connect to Extreme switch up stream

When I connect the SFP module in WAN2 of a MX95 to an Extreme switch it will not link. However if I connect the same SFP using the same fiber patch in WAN2 to an upstream netgear switch it connects. Moreover that same netgear switch will connect to the extreme switch. Is there a setting required in the upstream device to get a connection?

We also had the exact same issue on a different network trying to connect an MX85 to an ATT provided Siena switch.

3 Replies 3
Prestont
Here to help

So are you trying to use the same SFP on both ends or ones that work in each device. some manufacturers will only allow approved sfp to work in their products. 

i have found just make sure the type (SX, SR, LRM, LR, or LX) and Wavelength are the same. 

i have some devices that i have to a specific brand in only while my Meraki devices i can use a lot of different ones. but still try to keep them all the same ones. 

Chris-T
New here

I have tried:

• Config 1
    • Cisco certified SFP in the MX and a Cisco certified in the Extreme
  • Config 2
    • Cisco in the Cisco and Extreme in the Extreme
  • Config 3
    • Extreme SFP in the MX and Extreme.

In all configs we also set the ports on all devices to static 1gbps and auto for all devices

k and the Cisco SFP and Extreme SFP are the type?

do you have the part numbers of the SFP? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels