SDWAN solution for consumer industry

Leo4
New here

SDWAN solution for consumer industry

Can someone help me with this? 

I want to build scenarios for overall SDWAN solution for consumer industry that do SDWAN from starting. So,

I was planned to place MX 105 appliance at HQ. Except from MX appliance, do I need to buy firewall appliance for security for my HQ.?

At the branches site, MX 68 will be used . Except from MX, do I need other additional FW appliance, router and switch.

The main purpose is I want to build topology for Meraki SDWAN for consumer industry company. Is there any reference topology design I can study. 

Thanks you all. Have a good day.

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this:

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you bro. I will definitely study.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki MX is a Securtiy Appliance (firewall) already, while also enabling SDWAN, so in principle no, you do not need another firewall or security appliance.

If for any reason you do not like the Security features of Meraki, could technically use it as a VPN Concentrator(/passthrough mode) to empoloy the use of Meraki SDWAN, while using some other vendor for security/firewalling.

But as the MX includes both features, you'd might as well stick with the Meraki MX instead.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Thanks you for your reply and support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels