SD-WAN & traffic shaping customized Rules

IntrovertEngg
Getting noticed

SD-WAN & traffic shaping customized Rules

I am trying to apply QoS policies on Meraki MX to see if it improves anything about Client WebEx call quality  

• Connectivity is like : User Machine (Soft Phone) > Aruba Switch > Meraki MX > Internet
  • Bandwidth is really sufficient

Neither Default Traffic shaping rule is helping nor selecting application category is helping hence trying to apply customized rules based on destination WebEx server IP which are in internet.

Now webEx traffic or any voice traffic for that matter usually has Call Control, Signaling and Media traffic.

I have used CS3 for Call Control and EF for Signaling and Media. However provider suggests to use EF for Media and CS3 for Signaling but I have one destination IP for Media and signaling so not sure how can I apply two different TAGS for single host IP. For example - Can I apply  EF for 1.1.1.1:TCP and CS3 for 1.1.1.1:UDP?

Also not sure how much of this TAG is going to help once packet leaves MX and rushes to internet. 

Also I see many RST triggered by local user IP for Call Control within a minute. What could that suggest?

Any help would be really appreciated.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Traffic Shaping Rules under SDWAN and Traffic Shaping in Meraki MX are usually set to ‘enable default traffic shaping rules’ so SIP (Voice) has a DSCP tag of 46. For Webex, you should see AF34 already assigned in MX.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to configure the uplink bandwidth settings so it knows how much bandwidth is available on each Internet circuit.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping#Uplink_b... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels