SD-WAN Using diffrerent Meraki Models

Solved
Sanderan
Here to help

SD-WAN Using diffrerent Meraki Models

Hello

Has anyone set up an SD-WAN using MX100 and MX85 Appliances? I need to add a site to an existing network and the MX100 appliances are no longer available. The new MX105 devices are overkill, as the new site is significantly smaller than the other two sites.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you want to add the new device for High-Availability on the network with the MX100? Then it will not work as both units have to be the same model.

But if you want to add an additional network (like a new branch office) that connects via AutoVPN, then you can take any model you want. This is quite common. For example one customer has the MX250 on the headquarter and a mix of MX67/MX68/MX84 in the branches.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you want to add the new device for High-Availability on the network with the MX100? Then it will not work as both units have to be the same model.

But if you want to add an additional network (like a new branch office) that connects via AutoVPN, then you can take any model you want. This is quite common. For example one customer has the MX250 on the headquarter and a mix of MX67/MX68/MX84 in the branches.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just to re-iterate what @KarstenI has said you can mix any of the MX's when implementing auto-vpn's.  You can't of course mix different models for HA.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And in case you still aren't sure, we have an 12 site solution, one site has MX250s, three have MX100s, four have MX84s, two have an MX65 and two have Z3s.

Thank you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels