SD-WAN Meraki with two remote site with same LAN ip address

RUSH
New here

SD-WAN Meraki with two remote site with same LAN ip address

Hello all,

I have never had this situation, in a few weeks I will have to add a new site but its LAN ip is the same as another site on my sd-wan (both 192.168.213.0/24).

I can't change the ip plan on both.

Do you know how it works? the two sites will be able to communicate with each other and if so how? is there an automatic SNAT with translation?

many thanks

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to ask Meraki support to enable it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Using_Site-to-site_VPN_Translation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't change the ip plan on both.

For sure you can. It is just that someone is thinking that the PITA of having duplicate networks is less pain than renumbering. IMO every other way to solve this problem is better that having this double NAT.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Renumber the network and have the pain once - or live with the pain of double NAT for the next decade.

I always choose the first option.

RUSH
New here

i know the best way is to change the IP plan but for now i don't have the choice to make an NAT.

Thanks all for your reply 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels