Routing decisions based on performance

SOLVED
MerakiMed
Getting noticed

Routing decisions based on performance

Is the Meraki MX able to choose one particular Internet path over another based on 

application layer performance? For example say path A had a Ring Central VOIP MOS score

of 3.5 and path B had 4.4. Can the MX automatically route all the voip out path B?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MerakiMed : Yes that is what SDWAN is doing , Check the link below and the snapshot

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping

Inderdeep_0-1623333455374.png

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MerakiMed : Yes that is what SDWAN is doing , Check the link below and the snapshot

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping

Inderdeep_0-1623333455374.png

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Great. Thank you. I thought I had spotted that along the evaluation which is now 18 months in the rear view mirror. Most of our branch offices are single homed and I like to make this as an additional argument for dual path.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

But be aware that the proposed solution is only for the AutoVPN, not for internet-traffic. Our RingCentral customers are accessing the service directly on the internet and there is no way to control it based on the performance metrics.

Thank you Karstenl for that clarification. The feature is will still be useful for other apps like VDI over VPN. But too bad we can't use it for VOIP too. Fortunately we don't get too many RC problem calls. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels