Route Table - Routes learned on AutoVPN Keeping spinning under status

SOLVED
JamesMutie
Getting noticed

Route Table - Routes learned on AutoVPN Keeping spinning under status

Hello Guys,

I have two questions. 

1. The routes status am learning from the hub via autovpn keep spinning up instead of being green. which is the correct status ?

2. On my Hub route table am seeing routes for the other Hubs although am not doing any site to site VPN with them. why is this the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PhilipDAth  So this means that from hub 1  can reach all routes being learned by hub 2.

Does hub 1 automatically advertise the routes it learns from hub 2  to hubs spokes that are not peering with hub 2? what will be the impact on traffic to my spoke 1 peering with hub1, if I have a spoke  2 advertising  a specific route to Hub 2  which again hub advertises automatically to HUB 1 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>On my Hub route table am seeing routes for the other Hubs although am not doing any site to site VPN with them. why is this the case?

All hubs automatically connect to all other hubs.  This is expected behaviour.

@PhilipDAth  Thanks . 

Any idea on the 1st question?

I'm not sure.  It could be a browser issue.  Could be a dashboard issue.  Does it happen in a different browser?

Yes have checked with both Chrome and Moxilla, 

@PhilipDAth  So this means that from hub 1  can reach all routes being learned by hub 2.

Does hub 1 automatically advertise the routes it learns from hub 2  to hubs spokes that are not peering with hub 2? what will be the impact on traffic to my spoke 1 peering with hub1, if I have a spoke  2 advertising  a specific route to Hub 2  which again hub advertises automatically to HUB 1 

>Does hub 1 automatically advertise the routes it learns from hub 2  to hubs spokes that are not peering with hub 2?

Correct.

>what will be the impact on traffic to my spoke 1 peering with hub1, if I have a spoke  2 advertising  a specific route to Hub 2  which again hub advertises automatically to HUB 1 

If spoke1 wanted to talk to spoke 2, spoke 1 would send traffic to hub1, which would then send it to hub2, and then onto spoke2.

@PhilipDAth 

If spoke1 wanted to talk to spoke 2, spoke 1 would send traffic to hub1, which would then send it to hub2, and then onto spoke2.

Lets say spoke 1 peering with Hub 1  doesn't  need to communicate with spoke 2 peering with Hub 2.  Spoke 2 has similar networks like spoke 1. Am suspecting spoke 1 return traffic from hub 1 might be send to hub 2  hence causing a blackhole. Is this case. ?

I  have several Hubs in one organization but am only doing a PoC for a client with just one spoke and one Hub.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels