Risk Assessment in Transitioning from MX85 to MX84: Practical Insights

MauroF
Here to help

Risk Assessment in Transitioning from MX85 to MX84: Practical Insights

1) How does replacing my MX85 with an MX84 affect my configuration?

2) Does changing models result in LAN interfaces and SD-WAN being initially disabled in the Dashboard?What else?

I need to understand the potential risks involved in this model change, as I might need to switch from an MX85 to an MX84 due to organizational needs and availability.

Thank you.

MF

4 Replies 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Isn't the other way around ? Going to MX85 from a MX84 ? MX84 is EOL.

It's just temporary since i dont have another MX85 in my warehouse

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/MX_Cold_Swap_Replacing_an_Existing_MX_with_a_Differ...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
kchand
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello Mauro,

Replacing your MX85 with MX84 will not affect your configuration. However, please keep in mind that the maximum runnable firmware version for MX84 is MX18.107.10. So, any new features available from the MX18.211+ version will not be available while using the MX84.

Also while moving the cables on the LAN interfaces please ensure you are plugging into the right LAN ports and enabe the site to site VPN 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels