Replacing Cisco C2911 with Meraki MX95

JoeM
Here to help

Replacing Cisco C2911 with Meraki MX95

I am replacing my current Cisco C2911 router with a Meraki MX95. Currently I have 2 interfaces configured to the C2911. Interface 0/0 is connected to my Cisco WS-C4500X-16. IP address is 172.16.15.1/21. Interface 0/1 is connected to a LightPath ELAN (MPLS). 192.168.99.8/24. I am confused as to which ports I configure to connect them. I thought the ELAN would go to WAN1. I need to assign a static the IP address to the port and it is looking for a next hop. I have no clue what to put as a next hop? This connection goes directly into a LightPath router.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wan port is  used for internet connection another port is used  to your Lan Network.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are only talking about the internal and the LAN port. The MX needs an internet connection which could be provided by the MPLS provider or it has to be connected to an Internet-ISP.

And "ELAN" sounds like you have a L2 connection to a different site. Can you draw L2 and L3 diagrams of your setup? With that it would be easier to suggest a solution.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The C4500 is a layer 3 device that can do almost everything a C2911 can (with appropriate licencing).  Why not just through the C2911 away and plug the circuit directly into the C4500?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels