Removed the L3 template summary change in the back-end

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Removed the L3 template summary change in the back-end

Dear Team ,

I have customer that has branches which has different subnet mask for 192.168.0.0/16

some of their branches use /25 , some /26 , /27 etc .

we have 2 hubs (DC and DR).

As checked template  can config only one specific subnet-mask for one template for example /25 or /26

so to accomplish this , i create template based on subnet-mask . Example : template/25 , template/26 ... then assign each branch based on that.

+problem comes when adding this.

All routes to each branches are getting spinning status. so i opened many cases that can't solve my problem , only one engineer that he can support me and solve the problem back to normal to what i desire. He said route get status spinning cuz of template summary at the backend.

so , he removed the L3 template summary change in the back-end ,

Therefore i want to ask :

Is template summary enable by default ? so when new customer , do i have to open case and tell them to disable all the time ? Can you help confirm ? as this is at the backend , i can't config that , only TAC engineer.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are referring to having multiple templates with overlapping subnets not being allowed by default - then yes, only support can disable this check.

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Dear Philip ,

How about change the default behavior of loose subnet ?

mean that i config each MX lan's subnet from the template , it always got error and back to /19 all the time , as i try to config them as /24. when open case , they says they need to disable loose subnet. is that also need support too ?

Your design is not typically - typically networks have the same size LANs at each spoke?

With such a large amount of private address space do you know why they used prefixes small then /24?

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Hi bro , as they need to keep their existing subnet , so we have no choice to do. Only this way as they implement VLSM.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels