Redirection to a spoke site

MariamT
Here to help

Redirection to a spoke site

Hello all,

I am installing Meraki MX85 on 5 sites , a hub site and 4 spokes .

On one spoke I have a website on a LAN server , to get to this website from the internet , the request is first sent to the hub where there's a fortinet FW (That will be replaced by an MX85) , this FW send the request to the spoke site via a redirecting rule .

My client want to keep the same configuration : 

to get to the website hosted on a lan server of the spoke , requests should be sent to the HUB ( MX 85 ) and then from the hub the request is sent via SD-WAN to the spoke.

I tried to add a Nat rule but it's not working as the subnet of that server isn't declared on the hub .

Does anyone have an idea of how I can route traffic sent to this spoke site via SD-WAN  please?

Thanks .

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately its not possible.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Trying to achieve it that way is just asking for trouble. These two ways are proven to work:

1. Move the server into a DMZ at the hub location.
  2. Place a reverse proxy in a DMZ at the hub to forward the request to the spoke.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels