QOS Policy Queues

NC_Chris
Here to help

QOS Policy Queues

I am working with a customer and their cloud voice(RingCentral) calls keep randomly dropping.  I have created the custom QOS policy requested by RingCentral but random calls continue to drop or become choppy.  RingCentral states it's not on their end and when I run packet capture I do see the EF tags on outbound and inbound UDP call packets.  Does Meraki have the visibility into the QOS queues to see if they are filling up? 

I found the below doc information stating how Meraki processes QOS queues but didn't know if actual visibility into the queue was possible whether from customer end or Meraki support?

********* VoIP would be guaranteed 8/13 or ~62% percent of the bandwidth. The switch would forward 8 frames from the CoS queue 3 and move to CoS queue 2.

********* The enterprise application would be guaranteed 4/13 or ~30% bandwidth.The switch would forward 4 frames from the CoS queue 2 and move to the default queue.

********* All other traffic would receive 1/13 or ~8% of the bandwidth. The switch would forward 1 frame from the default queue, then cycle back to CoS queue 3.

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you set the wan bandwidth  correct on the mx?

You cant  see any queuing  , i dont  know  if support can. 

EF however don' t use one  of the  3 configurable  queues anymore https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Using_Packet_Prioritization_on_a_Tr...

Is the mx reporting packet loss or high latency when you have voip problems?

I'm not seeing anything high in packet loss.  Highest I see is 6% on one circuit while the secondary circuit is showing 0% loss.  With the custom QOS policy made (150ms Latency, 100ms Jitter, 3% Loss) traffic should utilize this to flip between links. I wasn't sure if maybe the queues had filled up since this issue is randomly occurring.

Mainly trying to make sure the network is clean and it's either ISP routing or maybe RingCentral.

I didn't set the bandwidth yet, currently they all 46 sites are at the default 450up and 450down.  Only a handful of the sites show this call issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels