Public IP (UPLINK)

Solved
Troyee
Getting noticed

Public IP (UPLINK)

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all well.

I have a question regarding Public IP. On the MX450, I have an uplink on Ethernet1 having /29 subnet. Is it possible to distribute the usable IP on one of the Meraki MX interfaces (for example: ports 3-25). One of our non Meraki equipment need a to receive a public IP that is not natted. 

Any recommendation on how i can do it on a Meraki MX device? 

Would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only way to do that would be to operate the MX in layer 2 mode - but that fundamentally changes a lot of things, so you wouldn't want to do that.

You could use a switch/VLAN on the outside of the MX, and plug your device into that (outside of the MX firewall).

Otherwise no.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only way to do that would be to operate the MX in layer 2 mode - but that fundamentally changes a lot of things, so you wouldn't want to do that.

You could use a switch/VLAN on the outside of the MX, and plug your device into that (outside of the MX firewall).

Otherwise no.

Hi Philip,

I see, i think that is one of the limitations of the Meraki MX. I hope they can improve this side of the Meraki MX like the other firewalls.

Thank you for the response Philip.

Appreciated it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels