Problems with Microsoft Dynamics in VPN Site to Site and Client VPN

iJelmit
Comes here often

Problems with Microsoft Dynamics in VPN Site to Site and Client VPN

Hi, everybody,

I hope that someone has been able to resolve this issue that I am currently dealing with. I have a server with Microsoft Dynamics and it works fine in my local site but when I get up my VPN Site from the other site I manage to reach it by ping and I connect to the application without any problem but when I want to request a report to my database it shows me a problem and when I connect by the VPN client it does not open the Microsoft Dynamics application but it only indicates me that there is a problem with the connection but I manage to reach it by VPN.

Someone has had this problem later.

Greetings

5 Replies 5
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In case of your client VPN.  Do you have complete routing from your server subnets towards your client VPN subnet?
And secondly your client VPN is dependent on the regular L3 firewall rules.  Do they allow traffic from your client VPN towards the server on the correct proto/ports?

iJelmit
Comes here often

It is enabled the routing between subnets but I could check that issue maybe something is wrong, the second only have firewall rules in the group policies not rules in general and only apply to layer 7.

Regards

BeckerIT
Here to help

My company is also running Meraki Client VPN and Microsoft Dynamics and using the MS Win 10 built-in VPN client.  I've recently found that when they have problems connecting to the MS dynamics Server (or any other network resource), the quickest 'solution' is to rebuild the VPN connection.  One could either do so manually, (which can go relatively quickly) or fellow Meraki users have created PowerShell or other scripts to assist with most of the rebuild process.  (I'd search these forums for 'client VPN setup script').

Nash
Kind of a big deal

In the spirit of generous giving, check out my sig. Please harvest, improve, tell your friends, tell me if you see a problem.

Read the comments and code on any script before you run it. 🙂

Good luck, @iJelmit! Trying to run database anything over a VPN is an... experience... though if I remember right, my partner's got his coworkers up and running with Microsoft Dynamics. I can ask him for his experience.

If you have trouble with slowness, you might get better behavior if you connect to the VPN, then RDP into a machine back at the office. Then your report still runs on the office LAN, but your connectivity is more secure.

iJelmit
Comes here often

Hello, everyone,

Thanks for your comments, what we did to solve the issue was to configure the IP and hostname of the AX server in the Windows TXT document which is called "hosts" and that solved the problem.

I really appreciate your support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels