Printer Scaner

athan1234
Building a reputation

Printer Scaner

Hi everyone

I'm being given an odd case. My client has two organizations and numerous networks, some of which were developed, like ap one network, sw other network, and mx other network.

For this transgression, I'm joing the organization in one organization and erecting an AP, SW, and MX network within it. I created a template and am reorganizing the network and shifting the other organization to the other organization.

The issue is that the scaner of printers no longer functions, the printer sent the scaner works tried to send his documents over Gmail

15 Replies 15
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The information you sent was not very helpful. 

What model and version of Meraki equipment?

Do you have any firewall rules or content filters enabled?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi

athan1234_0-1687442050999.png

MX64

athan1234_1-1687442109730.png

In this networks  works witouth template

athan1234_0-1687443342571.png

Do you think the firmware has changed?

I had some issues with version 18.107.2 regarding printers. I suggest you to downgrade to some other version available in the dashboard. If this is not possible, I suggest opening a ticket with support.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Do I have to upgrade from templete?

athan1234_0-1687444848881.png

If It's on a template yes.

athan1234
Building a reputation

THnaks @alemabrahao 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try checking the network and security event logs in the Meraki dashboard.

MerryAki
Building a reputation

I would try to check the template, but also the device logs. You could do this by either having physical access to the device/s or with a remote connection. Talking about SMTP, in case you got access to the server you could check the logs here as well.

athan1234
Building a reputation

I'mwatching the switch is KO. Yesterday, I witnessed a similar incident in which the center had connection and the SW was KO was Any idea?

Port 23 ---MX

Port 4 - Escaner printer

athan1234_0-1687501744079.png

athan1234_1-1687501827800.png

MerryAki
Building a reputation

I can barely read it, does it say offline on that port? MX and the switch are connected directly?

Try to run a cable test on the switch if possible or just checking the cable physically. I know thats some effort but for troubleshooting purposes it might also be required to have an engineer on site.

Sometime there were also untold changes during maintenance times, which do produce some additional issues. For instance changing certain physical connection/s during switch/config updates.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi

Yes directly from mx to SW
I'm attempting a cable test on port 23, but I'm not getting any results.

athan1234_0-1687505733111.png

I am seeing traffic

athan1234_1-1687505822476.png

athan1234_2-1687505872632.png

Yesterday i made a downgrade for the templete

I Suggest you open a support case.

that screenshot shows no uplink...

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hello

The scarner dosent work . I made a downgrade version, but it is ineffective.

I suggest you open a support case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels