Port forwarding rule is not working

DSP_IT
Conversationalist

Port forwarding rule is not working

Hello members of the community. I'm having an issue with only one port forwarding rule that we use for remote log view of one of our NVR systems.

I added some port forwarding rules in our Cisco Meraki MX84 systems without problems. I noticed that only one of the port rules is not working. I checked every setting and is still not working.

Using a port forwarding tester I confirm that only 5554 port is not working.

I appreciate your help and knowledge.

Forwarding Rules.JPG

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Was the port configured correctly? Could you share the configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

All the forwarding rules are working except the rule " VTG NVR1 C" that should open 5554 port.

Results.JPG

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DSP_IT I know this sounds silly, but can you confirm that the port is definitely open on the internal host?

DSP_IT
Conversationalist

Nothing sound silly when we are trying to solve a problem, so thanks for your answer. The port is open on that terminal. Is already opened on Windows Firewall settings, is opened inside the Camera Server (attached Image).  The most weird thing is that is only one single port.Ports.jpg

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it isn't too disruptive, can you try moving it to another port?

DSP_IT
Conversationalist

I decided to restart the Camera Server and now is working. Thanks @alemabrahao and @cmr for every response.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Glad you got it working, I was going to suggest making sure the traffic is TCP and not UDP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels