Policy Objects - BETA

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Policy Objects - BETA

Do we have any visibility when Policy Objects are coming out of Beta?  We have a number of sites that could really do with these but won't touch till they are out of Beta.

Cheers

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Actually not, but you can try to test this feature in an isolated lab environment before moving to production. I've performed tests on two clients and It has been working fine.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I use Policy Objects with pretty much every client.  It works well.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here. Zero issues with Policy Objects so far.

JozefH
Here to help

I'll be interested in this as well. It's been a Beta for quite some time. Anyone at least an estimate? Months? Years? I'm new with Meraki, is there any document describing a product lifecycle that covers Beta features? Thank you.

the-iot
Here to help

Hi,
according to our meraki product manager, the feature should go live in january 2022.

now it should start in Q2/2022
DM_IT
New here

Hi All, I am chasing this too we really need this but reluctant to trust it while its still in Beta, especially as I hear the Go live is now Q1 2023? Does anyone have any further insight as to what the delay is? 

Anyone seen any real world issues?

Thanks All.....

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @DM_IT,

I don't why It's still in Beta, but I've been using It for a long time with no problems.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Hi @ alemabrahao, Thanks for replying, How many sites are you running? I'm looking for info to take back to the business to see if they will let me test it out, Thanks DM IT

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

10+ I guess

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm using it across maybe 20 customers.  Maybe 300 sites.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels