Odd WAN behavior

SOLVED
tantony
Head in the Cloud

Odd WAN behavior

I finally got fiber for internet, so I changed the IP settings on Meraki MX WAN 1 to the new fiber.  I kept WAN 2 on our current coax setting.  On the dashboard it said config up to date.

When I connected the cable from fiber to WAN 1, it changed colors, but then it eventually went to a solid amber instead of a solid white light.  I had to restart the MX couple of times, change the IP on WAN 1 to something else, save it, put in the fiber IP again, and saved it.   Then I got a solid white light.

Any idea why this happened?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

When you changed the settings of the static IP's, did you do this via the local status page, or did you do it on the dashboard and save it there (effectively taking down the MX until you moved the fiber over to it, and copper to WAN2).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

When you changed the settings of the static IP's, did you do this via the local status page, or did you do it on the dashboard and save it there (effectively taking down the MX until you moved the fiber over to it, and copper to WAN2).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I changed the static IP from the dashboard while I was connected to WAN 2 (solid white light).  Then I waited about 2 minutes, and on the dashboard it said config up to date.

Then I disconnected WAN 2, and connected WAN 1 (fiber), but I got a solid amber.

tantony
Head in the Cloud

On hindsight, I probably should've changed it from wired.meraki.com

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels