OSPF on MX

Aamir
Here to help

OSPF on MX

Hi,

I have a 50 site network where MX is getting deployed with AutoVPN. I need to enable OSPF on LAN side, is there an efficient way to enable OSPF on 50 MX or i have to do it one by one?

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make sure you're aware of the limitations of running OSPF on Meraki MX's - especially in routed mode.

Using OSPF to Advertise Remote VPN Subnets - Cisco Meraki Documentation

As for enabling and configuring it, you can use configuration templates but given you'll likely need to add local overrides anyway for router ID's and area ID's etc, you're probably best investing some time looking into the API.

Assuming there are API configuration endpoints available for OSPF on the MX, this would make it much easier to do.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A very important observation, the
OSPF only works if you use a single LAN, that is, if you use VLAN on the MX you will not be able to enable OSPF.

Another quick thing is that the MX only announces its routes, so to know the networks of another device that is part of the OSPF area you will have to create statistical routes in the MX.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels