Non-meraki VPN tunnel

SOLVED
nikmagashi
Getting noticed

Non-meraki VPN tunnel

Hi,

I am trying to create a vpn tunnel with a non-meraki device but it is failing on phase-2. My appliance current version is MX 14.53 and we are using IKEv1. We are using sha1 for authentication on both phase1 and phase2. Phase1 is being successfully established but not phase2. The other side is using route-based vpn and I saw on different post here that both auto-vpn and non-meraki vpn tunnels are policy-based vpn. 

My question is, if I upgrade the MX to 15.42 (latest version available), will route-based be supported then?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dylan-T
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @nikmagashi,

Unfortunately, route-based VPN is not supported on MX firmware 15.42.

Although this feature is not available, we take our customer feedback seriously. We encourage you to use the Meraki dashboard "Make a wish" button at the bottom right of the dashboard to submit a feature request. These wishes are taken into consideration and are used to help shape our product roadmaps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dylan-T
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @nikmagashi,

Unfortunately, route-based VPN is not supported on MX firmware 15.42.

Although this feature is not available, we take our customer feedback seriously. We encourage you to use the Meraki dashboard "Make a wish" button at the bottom right of the dashboard to submit a feature request. These wishes are taken into consideration and are used to help shape our product roadmaps.

Hmm all right, so this is something that needs to be checked. I will make a wish for it 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels