Non-Meraki VPN peers -- Local IP-Subnet

SOLVED
whistleblower
Getting noticed

Non-Meraki VPN peers -- Local IP-Subnet

Hi all,

I`m trying to find out where the local IP-Subnet (interesting traffic) can be configured for the Non-Meraki VPN tunnel?

In the local settings you can set whether the respective subnet should participate in the vpn, as I know these settings are also relevant for auto-vpn - if these settings also apply to the non-Meraki VPN peerings - how can a distinction be made here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

>setup a Non-Meraki VPN-Peering for IP-Subnets which are learned from Spokes via Auto-VPN

You can't do this.  You have to build the non-Meraki VPN from each Spoke to the remote party.

There is one other option but it requires an additional MX.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> if these settings also apply to the non-Meraki VPN peerings - how can a distinction be made here?

The same settings are used and no distinction can be made.

Hi @PhilipDAth 

thanks again for your reply 🙂

May I have your assessment of how you`d setup a Non-Meraki VPN-Peering for IP-Subnets which are learned from Spokes via Auto-VPN and are`nt connected directly/locally on the Hub-MX?

>setup a Non-Meraki VPN-Peering for IP-Subnets which are learned from Spokes via Auto-VPN

You can't do this.  You have to build the non-Meraki VPN from each Spoke to the remote party.

There is one other option but it requires an additional MX.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels