New License Model

MattinVegas
Here to help

New License Model

Sorry I missed the AMA this morning. I would have ask the question directly.

"License Devices Individually"

Does this also mean that we can pick and choose what we have Advanced Security and Enterprise License on with in an organization? Or is still all or nothing?

4 REPLIES 4
MattinVegas
Here to help

EDIT:Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. When I post it changes the format to bold and caps. 

I just found the answer to my own question I think. But leads to another question with this note.

NOTE: Customers cannot downgrade from Advanced Security to Enterprise Licensing.

Can I beak up my Org after the fact then downgrade? Create one for advanced security and one for enterprise. What will that break?

MX Licensing Options

The MX Security Appliance has two license editions: Enterprise and Advanced Security. Please note that the MX licensing edition is uniform across the Organization. For example, you can have all 25 appliances using Enterprise Edition or Advanced Security Edition, but you cannot have 20 appliances using one edition and 5 using the other edition. If you wish to use Enterprise Edition for some appliances and Advanced Security Edition for other appliances, you need to create two Organizations, one for your appliances with the Enterprise Edition, and another for the appliances with the Advanced Security Edition.

Hi @MattinVegas 

I understand even though we create 2 Orgs. We will not be able to downgrade the Advanced Security to Enterprise Licensing.

I believe we need to plan this before hand and place all Enterprise License based devices in 1st Org and Advanced Security based devices in the 2nd Org.

As you know we will loose AutoVPN functionality when we break the Org into two.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

MX devices must have organization-wide Advanced Security or Enterprise Security 
 licensing in both licensing models.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing#Licensing_Model_...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So one of the few really useful possibilities for the individual licensing model isn't available.  Hopefully Meraki might rethink this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels