Need Updated SecureClient installation files ASAP (CVE-2024-20337 and CVE-2024-20338)

Solved
KenLux
Here to help

Need Updated SecureClient installation files ASAP (CVE-2024-20337 and CVE-2024-20338)

Hi,

There are two new high CVEs for Cisco SecureClient:

CVE-2024-20337: https://sec.cloudapps.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-secure-client...

and

CVE-2024-20338: https://sec.cloudapps.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-secure-prives...

Remediation requires updating clients with version 5.1.2.42 or higher. When I log into my MX, I see version 5.1.1.42 being available.

Since we don't have a service contract with Cisco, we are not able to download or even purchase the updated version.

When will Meraki update the link so we can update our AnyConnect client software?

Thanks,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Actually, it looks like Meraki just updated the link.

Go to Security & SD-WAN-->Client VPN-->AnyConnect

Version 5.1.2.42 is available now.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

• For the latest Secure Client versions, please go to the Cisco support page to download the Secure client.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

You can only download SecureClient from that page if you have a Cisco service account.

If you don't, you need to use the links on the AnyConnect page on the MX web page.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Because this is correct, you must have a valid account and license for your users.

😉

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

We get our license through Meraki instead of a service contract with Cisco.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is a recommendation from Meraki to download from the website, just log in with your CCO.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sorry, but there is any Secure Client license you‘d be able to purchase from Meraki. Strictly speaking, you’re not even allowed to use Secure Client without having the licenses in place. 🤔

Actually, it looks like Meraki just updated the link.

Go to Security & SD-WAN-->Client VPN-->AnyConnect

Version 5.1.2.42 is available now.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Since we don't have a service contract with Cisco, we are not able to download or even purchase the updated version.

Just a note: whenever you buy "term" AnyConnect licences (1, 3, or 5 years), you get a service contract. You register that, and then you can download it.

Everyone using AnyConnect should have a licence for it ... (it is just an honesty-based licence).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels