NAT Exceptions/Override NAT per VLAN

bfowler
Just browsing

NAT Exceptions/Override NAT per VLAN

Hello,

I'm testing the NAT Exceptions on MX 15.16 beta and I cannot get the 'Override NAT per VLAN/NAT Config per VLAN' to work. It's all or nothing based on the 'Disable NAT per uplink' setting. Is something still being worked on or I am missing a setting?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

From what I can tell it's giving me the option to enable or disable NAT on per-VLAN basis

55555.JPG

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Yes, the options are there but they do not have an effect, according to my testing.

If I check 'Disable NAT per uplink' then all VLANs do not have NAT regardless of the enable/disable per VLAN option, and vice versa.

So your saying that if you do go out of your way to DISABLE it for a specific VLAN, that it doesn't actually work.

Ok, if so, I would inform support because its still beta and they might be aware of it 😃

Good find my friend
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

OK, I will contact support.

Thanks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I *think* that the statefull firewal remains enabled - that it can talk out the no-nat WAN interface but connections can not be initiated in.

Is this possible whay you are seeing - or is the NO-NAT part itself just broken?

Not sure. I will check that out.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels