Multiple Site-to-Site VPN connections

lmorel
Getting noticed

Multiple Site-to-Site VPN connections

Hello, I am trying to set up multiple Site-to-Site VPN connections from multiple on-premises sites to a single AWS VPC. I have done this years ago in Azure successfully and can see a single entry under the non-Meraki VPN peers entries. Then in Azure I created the multiple connections with same password and everything worked out ok.

I am now in my AWS VPC console under the Site-to-Site VPN Connections menu and I am trying to figure out how I am supposed to do this. Am I missing something?

I would prefer not to use a vMX at this point as I have my VPC and its environment up and running to already connect to one site via site to site VPN. I am trying to add more MX sites to connect to that same AWS virtual private gateways. How do I accomplish that?

lmorel_0-1713481196641.png

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a bit old but as far as I'm aware this guide should still be accurate
A Visual Guide to Setting up a Meraki to AWS Site-to-Site VPN – RIT Computing Security Blog (wordpre...

By default when configuring the non-meraki VPN peer, it applies to all MX's in your org.

Shubh3738
Getting noticed

@lmorel 

Deployment options

This Partner Solution provides the following deployment options:

•          Deploy Meraki VMX into a new VPC. This option builds a new AWS environment that consists of the VPC, subnets, NAT gateways, security groups, bastion hosts, and other infrastructure components. It then deploys Meraki VMX into this new VPC.
  •          Deploy Meraki VMX into an existing VPC. This option provisions Meraki VMX in your existing AWS infrastructure.

Also go through with below documents.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Installation_Guides/vMX_Setup_Guide_for_Amazon_Web_Services_(...

https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/cisco-meraki-vmx/

lmorel
Getting noticed

Thank you so much for your replies. I ended up figuring it out. Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post. I managed to get S2S setup. But trying to do multiple S2S to a single VPN in AWS was challenging to me. Until I found posts from others about using the tag feature under the Availability tab in Meraki dashboard to separate the ipsec profiles.

Solved: Multiple IP Sec SIte to SIte VPN on a Single Dashboard - The Meraki Community

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels