Moxa NPort 5110 and Meraki MX68CW

SOLVED
superfly
Getting noticed

Moxa NPort 5110 and Meraki MX68CW

I'm plugging in a MOXA NPort 5110 into a MX68CW and other that a green light, I get nothing to show the MOXA is even plugged in. Packet captures show nothing, DHCP doesn't give out an address & I don't see if listed as a client. I've tried configuring a port as a trunk and as an access port but in neither option can I see any evidence that the MOXA is even plugged in (other than the green link light).

If I plug the MOXA into my normal Cisco network switch, it gets an IP address and works as expected.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
superfly
Getting noticed

After a lot of resetting, I got the MOXA to work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
superfly
Getting noticed

Adoos
Building a reputation

Did you configure the MX port with something specific? 

@superfly wrote:

I'm delighted you have the moxie to get your Moxa working.

How about making your post useful, by explaining what you had to do. The whole idea of a community like this one is to help each other and to contribute to a public pool of product knowledge.

;-[]

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

I thought I did say what I did to fix it when I said "After a lot of resetting...."

But to make it clearer, I reset the Moxa multiple times and then finally was able to get it to grab a DHCP address of the MX appliance.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels