Monitoring Spoke Performance

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Monitoring Spoke Performance

Hi ,

I'm just wondering how do you monitor your spoke performance ?

Monitoring hubs is pretty straight forward , there are far fewer devices. Using the endpoint getDeviceAppliancePerformance makes a lot of sense. However when you have 1200 branches , this will eat up a lot of your api calls. We are already on the verge of hitting the rate limit.

We would need getOrgAppliancePerformance which would give the performance score of all devices in a single org but that endpoint doesn't exist yet.

So I'm curious , how do you manage that task ?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is there no MIB that you can use on Zabbix? 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I'm not sure ! I have checked the MIB very quickly the other day and I could't find anything related to that.

Documentation on state API , but I could be mistaken : https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Device_Utilization

I just checked, and it's not possible via SNMP, so annoying. 😕

alemabrahao_0-1664800932179.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yeah that would be a nice api.

You could use the top 10 and focus on f.e. everything above 70+%

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!get-organization-summary-top-appliances-by-utilizati...

Or use the dashboard summary page

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels