Mixing 68w and MR 44

BigK
Here to help

Mixing 68w and MR 44

I have a sd-wan solution that has a MX 68w and MR 44

I configured the VPN on the 68W and the VPN status looks Green 

• VPN Registry: Connected. This WAN appliance is able to connect to multiple VPN registries using UDP port 9350 & 9351.
  • NAT type: Friendly. This WAN appliance is behind a VPN-friendly NAT, locally using 192.168.8.11 :56859, which is NAT-ed to 132.15.4.12.5:14671
  • Encrypted. Using IPsec and AES encryption.

All SSID on the 68W are disabled. 

I connected 2 X MR 44s to POE port and the ports are green

When I plugged in the MR 44 new network automatically appeared in the dashboard called wireless 

I configured the SSIDs on the MR 44

The MX 68 status shows the ports connected, but the wireless network shows down.. 

any help is appreciated it 

Thanks

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From what I understand, the status of your APs is down on the dashboard, correct?

Just wait for a while and it will soon be online.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do the APs show as online in the dashboard?

The issue with AP not coming up earlier was due to the port was 802.1x and it was enabled. now that the port is open, the AP is online and the SSID is enabled and visible to the users, however there is a DHCP failure. Not sure if the DHCP should come from external (windows server for the MX68 or internal). 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels