Migrating rules from Sonicwall TZ215 to Meraki MX64

SOLVED
Nmartinezjr
Comes here often

Migrating rules from Sonicwall TZ215 to Meraki MX64

Hi,

I want to move to Meraki MX 64 from a Sonicwall TZ 215 but need help on setting it up. Is there anyone that can help me configure it correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Cisco Select Partner here, also Sonicwall partner. We have migrated plenty of our client's Sonicwall devices to MXs. Message me if you need help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can find the Cisco Partner Locator at the below link.  You could search for someone near you to help.

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

If you got your MX from a Cisco reseller you could also try them.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Cisco Select Partner here, also Sonicwall partner. We have migrated plenty of our client's Sonicwall devices to MXs. Message me if you need help.

Will do. Thanks.

Hi SoCalRacer,

I am attempting to do the same.

What's the best channel to contact you?

Hi ,

Please assist, I am trying to migrate SoniWall firewall to Meraki.

@SoCalRacerI am working on a Sonicwall to Meraki migration plan today.  Any tips or tricks you can help with?

There isn't any easy way. Just lessons learned. Screenshot everything on the Sonicwall. Backup config and firmware. Setup MX as best as possible before WAN switch over. Setup S2S VPN if needed. Setup VPN profile on clients if needed. Then cut over. Leave the Sonicwall up perferrably in a DMZ or Vlan or not even physically connected to the same network. That way any gotchas you can get in and check the exact settings and config.

For setting up S2S VPN , we can assign any available IP address in the ISP block allotted to the MX  right ?

Hi 

How can i get hold of you?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels