Meraki vMX on Azure

Vinnu
New here

Meraki vMX on Azure

Hi,

We configured Meraki vMX on Azure and followed below artical and completed configuration process.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Installation_Guides/vMX_Setup_Guide_for_Microsoft_Azure#

After configuration we now ping and RDP into to On-Prem VM's from Azure VM. However we cannot ping or RDP into Azure VM from On-Prem Vm's.  As suggested in above document I am using route table in Azure and routing On-Prem IP ranges and hoping on vMX IP address, Also we are associating all the Azure subnets to the route table.

We do not have any firewall rules set on Azure and we are allowing inbound / outbound RDP ports, but still we cannot access Azure VM from On-prem. 

We also tried packet capture when we were trying to ping our Azure VM from on prem and we noticed that ping request was sent to appropriate Azure IP but there was not response. Using network watcher I made sure RDP access was allowed from On-Prem, So not sure what really is blocking Azure IP from receiving the response.

It would be a great help if someone can guide converting unidirectional tunnel to bidirectional. 

2 Replies 2
Ryu_Syrius
New here

Are your Azure subnets configured "In VPN" via the vMX "Addressing & VLAN"?

"On the Site-to-Site VPN page, add each subnet in your resource group that should be accessible to remote Auto VPN peers to the list of 'Local Network(s).' For more information on configuring Auto VPN, please refer to the Site to Site VPN settings documentation."

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My guess is the Windows Firewall on the Azure machines is blocking the connections.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.