Meraki mx64 Outlook not working

Tehsin
Here to help

Meraki mx64 Outlook not working

I have got an exchange 2010 sitting on a sbs 2011, I have recently got a meraki mx64. Whenever I am connecting my workstation with the meraki mx64 the outlook stops working. Though I can access my files in the sbs 2011 server.

Anyone knows what is causing this?

2 Replies 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Tehsin , why not try to run Wireshark on the MX LAN and WAN interfaces to see what , if anything, is being blocked.  You can do this straight from the MX itself Network > Monitor > Packer Capture

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi, 

you can whitelist the device for testing to confirm if there is any security filtering enabled that is blocking the traffic. If it works properly when whitelisted, review your layer 3, content filtering and layer 7 FW rule configuration making sure it is not blocking outlook traffic. Lastly, as suggested you can take the Wireshark packet capture. 

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels