Meraki Z3C-NA: VLAN tagging on a access port

wsalomon75
Here to help

Meraki Z3C-NA: VLAN tagging on a access port

Hello all,

I'm trying to tag a VLAN on a device plugged into port 3 on the device. I don't want to add the VLAN in the VLAN and Addressing menu, because this VLAN/Subnet will be used among multiple Meraki devices in the future, and it's my understanding that once you add the subnet, that subnet cannot be used in another Meraki device. So I guess my question is, can I easily tag traffic for that VLAN without adding the subnet to the local device?

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What do you want the MX to do with the traffic received on this VLAN?

In short, you can only add a VLAN on the MX by adding it to the addressing menu.  When I have been forced to do this, I use a dummy subnet like 169.254.0.1/30.

In short, we have a print server located on our network for VLAN 710. We have a number of satellite offices that use the Meraki network, and I need to put a networked printer on a few of them. Without creating VLAN 710 w/ that printer subnet, how can this be accomplished? Just create a dummy subnet on each with the 710 VLAN and tag those ports?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels