Meraki Switches (MS210-48LP & MS425-16) went Offline

Vaishakh
New here

Meraki Switches (MS210-48LP & MS425-16) went Offline

Hi 

We set the static Ip for each downstream devices  using the following command at the router side (Cisco SDWAN vEdge 1000)

static-lease <MAC> ip <IP> host-name <name>

after some time the down stream Meraki switches went offline. Fortunately I could restart couple of APs and It is online now. There is no impact for the production network. 

Vaishakh_0-1612433216864.png

We are planning to reboot the switches physically to make online during  the non business hours.

I wish to know is there any other way to make the device online. like applying /release and /renew in windows machine ...

3 Replies 3
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Devices shouldn’t need a reboot to get them to come back online. As soon as they re-establish connectivity to the Meraki Dashboard they should show as online - and they’ll continue to try at regular intervals. It’s worth checking your configuration on the Cisco vEdge devices (and the Viptela SD-WAN solution in general) to make sure you’re not accidentally blocking the Meraki devices access to the Dashboard.

It was working before. and moreover we had the same situation for the APs as well. APs came online after reboot. And I checked at the vEdge DHCP server bindings, i can't see the offline switches static IPs. Hence I am thinking we need to do a manual IP renew process. We can't do apart from the physical reboot since the devices are offline.

Actually the devices were going offline one by one..  

Note: I can bounce the irb interface or clear DHCP bindings but both will affect production now...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think the edge device might be closing down sessions or similar, we have most of our APs and switches on DHCP and don't have of these problems, our edge devices are either Meraki MXs or Sophos XGs 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels