Meraki MX450 Update from 17.10.2 to latest, second fail and fallback

Solved
PinkyandBrain
Just browsing

Meraki MX450 Update from 17.10.2 to latest, second fail and fallback

We had this week our second fail in updating our MX450 from 17.10.2 to latest Firmware.

After the Update takes place and the MX450 is back in Network some setting is causing a complete network loop that stops everything from working.

After Fallback to 17.10.2 everything is directly back to business?

Checked meanwhile all Patch notes but nothing makes a real clue what new feature or wrong configuration will cause a loop???

Help very welcome.

Our second firewall in a different branch MX100 updates without any problem and is meanwhile at latest version.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it would be a good idea to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it would be a good idea to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
JohnT
Getting noticed

We have the same problem with our MX95 cluster.  I guess the cluster loses track of who the primary node is and chaos ensues.  We opened a support case and they want to test a new firmware.  Unfortunately, we can't test until the end of September because we can't have our network meltdown again during a 24/7 operation.  The other suggestion they had was to break the cluster and upgrade independently and then rejoin.

PinkyandBrain
Just browsing

Thanks for your comment. Please report back if the "Beta" Firmware will work.

We opened also a technical Support ticket.

Let´s see what happens...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels