Meraki MX100 and windows 10 VPN

Solved
ScottG67
Here to help

Meraki MX100 and windows 10 VPN

Hello All,

I have a Meraxi MX100 configured with Windows 10 native VPN clients working currently. If a user connects to the vpn during login I don't have any issues; however, if I have a network issue with the client say they go in an elevator and their network drops or their network at home or the coffee shop drops the VPN will disconnect. During re-connection I am seeing the following events in the Meraki log:

Sep 23 15:25:35

00:00:00:00:00:00

Non-Meraki / Client VPN negotiation

msg: ISAKMP-SA deleted xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[4500]-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[4500] spi:d518d7fe836cb242:3d099c31f983f494

Sep 23 15:25:35

00:00:00:00:00:00

Non-Meraki / Client VPN negotiation

msg: ISAKMP-SA expired xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[4500]-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[4500] spi:d518d7fe836cb242:3d099c31f983f494

I am also getting an error on the windows side saying that either my credentials are wrong or the protocol is not permitted. If the user logs off the machine and logs back in the VPN will work again; however, it would be far better if we could just reconnect to the VPN. So the first question I have is regarding the log entry above. Is this log saying that the session has expired and then the session was deleted? Secondly, if this is the case can I set the session timeout to a longer duration?

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't configure the session timeout.

The message you are seeing is the MX telling the remote end the SPI has been deleted.  The remote end should then generate a new one.  I'm guessing Windows 10 ignores the delete request.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't configure the session timeout.

The message you are seeing is the MX telling the remote end the SPI has been deleted.  The remote end should then generate a new one.  I'm guessing Windows 10 ignores the delete request.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels