Meraki MX100 Active and Passive Configuration and Setup

SOLVED
Tem
Conversationalist

Meraki MX100 Active and Passive Configuration and Setup

I have two meraki MX100, these are new devices and i already registered them into one network name.

My question is How will I going to setup the network connection between two MX100 and DSL modem (ISP).

What will be the apps that needs to be enable on both devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No not required since sync is performed through cloud.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MijanurRahman
Getting noticed

I hope your DSL Modem can do the PPPoE job and provide DHCP IP on its LAN. Use a small switch, as known as 'WAN Switch' or 'Perimeter Switch' and terminate your DSL Modem there. Many DSL Modem have built-in switchports on its LAN. Connect both MX 'INTERNET' ports on the switch. If DHCP is Enabled, both will get IP and connect to cloud. If DHCP service is not available, you should configure manual IP as a destination to internet towards your GSM Modem.

Configure first MX as you need, then add second MX as 'Warm Spare' from 'Appliance status' page.

Tem
Conversationalist

First of all I thank you for the quick response Manjur!

One last question Manjur, is there any physical connectivity needed between the two MX100?

thanks!

Tem

Tem
Conversationalist

I mean Mijanur , i am sorry i misspelled your name.

No not required since sync is performed through cloud.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tem
Conversationalist

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS USEFUL INFO! 😃

Dashboard_DJ
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This might be a useful read as well. I put that together as a way of documenting MX warm spare deployment best practices and considerations.

https://willette.works/mx-warm-spare/

Really nice article and great read.   Thanks for posting.

W

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels