Meraki MX zoning feature

Anthonize
Conversationalist

Meraki MX zoning feature

Hello, 

I have two mx250s. As of now it serves as S2S full tunnel vpns. I would like to terminate other network infrastructure to that but I cannot due to lack of zoning capabilities. 

If we have some zoning feature, then we should be able to create some static routes based on zones instead of one global routes. 

I'm not sure it's under construction. If not something to think about it. 

Anthonize

4 REPLIES 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Anthonize have you used the Make a Wish feature in the dashboard, that is the best place to ask for new features

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With zones you are not referring to zone based firewall but rather VRF's then?
I don't believe the MX has been designed with multitenancy in mind.

Although it's strange the high end models have so many ports it almost begs for this feature.

VRFs more likely available in L3 devices. I don't have my hopes up Meraki will introduce vrf on to their MX series. If they can it will be nice as well. 

What I'm refferring something you will see the traditional Cisco ASA feature you can create different zones so you can handle routing pretty easily. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have used ASA's before.  I haven't seen zones being used for routing??  Only interfaces.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels