Meraki MX vap: 0 message

SOLVED
tantony
Head in the Cloud

Meraki MX vap: 0 message

I'm in the process of modifying our network, and I noticed that I'm getting this in the event log.  I know vlan: 3 is for VLAN 3, which is correct, but what does vap: 0 mean?  Apparently, it's for wireless, but I have a MX68, and it doesn't have WiFi.  Just wondering what this means, and how can I fix it?

"vap: 0, vlan: 3"

I think I know the answer.  Right now, we have everything on VLAN 1 on our Cisco router.  But, I have a Meraki test network in my office which is using VLANs (2,3, and 4), so I guess my laptop is connecting to our existing WiFi network, which is on VLAN 1, and the Meraki is confused because on the Meraki, there's no VLAN 1?

Am I right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's normal. All my DHCP leases appear like that in the event log too. It just tells you that the MX has handed out IP address x to client y.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Is there anything else on that log entry? Seems incomplete...

vap: 0, vlan: 4, ip: 172.16.129.3  « hide

router172.16.128.1
subnet255.255.192.0
dns172.16.0.25 172.16.0.26
duration86400
server_ip172.16.128.1
server_mac12:34:56:78:90

This is for VLAN 4, but same type of message, vap: 0

Okay, so it's a log line for a dhcp offer on vlan 4. That MAC address, do you recognize it? How is that device connected?

I made up that MAC address. So how can I fix the message?  Is it normal?

It's normal. All my DHCP leases appear like that in the event log too. It just tells you that the MX has handed out IP address x to client y.

ok thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels