Meraki MX license query

V_007
Getting noticed

Meraki MX license query

Hi All,

My Organisation has purchased an Meraki MX 68CW with Secure SD-WAN Plus license. Would this license be enough to bring MX Online and regsiter on Meraki Cloud ? . Can we configure it the same as Mx68 ?

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The answer for both is yes.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Just be aware that all MXs in the same Dashboard Organization must have the same license level.   If you start with SD-WAN+ then all subsequent MXs will also require SD-WAN+    SD-WAN+ does have some massively useful features though (Smart VPN exclusions, SD-Internet, Insight...), so it's a pretty good choice, if you're using dual Internet links at your site and rely heavily on a mixture of cloud IaaS and SaaS applications.

If you do buy Advanced Security or SD-WAN+ don't forget to enable some of the key provided features;   IDS/IPS, malware protection, content filtering etc.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels