Meraki MX and mail spam protection

Solved
Abechara
Here to help

Meraki MX and mail spam protection

hello, is there any configuration on meraki we can do to provide some email Security 

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Add the content filtering threat category of SPAM.

PhilipDAth_0-1716977530285.png

Personally - I always enable all threat categories.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Add the content filtering threat category of SPAM.

PhilipDAth_0-1716977530285.png

Personally - I always enable all threat categories.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The suggested option will not work, you need anti-SPAM for email.

I don't know which email solution you use, but there are good anti-SPAM email solutions on the market.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

It certainly won't hurt.  That category is a dynamic list of current bulk spammers.  It will prevent them from being able to connect to your site.

But it will not act as an anti-SPAM email.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

The OP never asked for that.  They asked for "any configuration on meraki we can do to provide some email Security ".  And this will block bulk spammers from connecting.

I'm sorry, but this setting still won't prevent this for emails.

This statement and solution is wrong.

What do you feel the SPAM content filtering does?

To be honest, in my understanding this is to prevent you from clicking on a malicious link and not letting you access the malicious page.

But this will not prevent or identify an email as SPAM, that is, it does not work as an anti-SPAM for email.

It may even help, but if you want to have email protection you have to invest in a good anti-SPAM tool.

What do you feel the phishing content filtering does?

These are the definitions that Talos give:

https://www.talosintelligence.com/categories#threatcats

Spam:

"Known to serve, deliver or aide in the propagation of Spam."

Phishing:

"Phishing and other fraudulent sites that copy or mimic legitimate sites for the purposes of surreptitiously acquiring sensitive information, such as user names, passwords, credit card numbers, etc..., for use in malicious activities."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels