Meraki MX Warmspare

V_007
Getting noticed

Meraki MX Warmspare

Hi All,

1) Can we configure warmspare between 2 MX using single usable ip address and both Mx will use same ip for dashboard communication i.e 1.1.1.0/30 where 1.1.1.1 will be gateway (Mux ip) and 1.1.1.2 will assign to both MX

2) If not can we use the lan routeable ip address receive from Service provider to assign to both MX individual ip address and one virtual ip address of same subnet will share by both Mx

Wan link terminate on Meraki Mx from Mux will be 115.24x.151.0/30

Lan routable ip address will 136.23x.176.0/29

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @V_007, unfortunately not.  You need at least two, but you can put a NAT device in front of them to achieve this.  I don't think option 2 will work either, but it might, others have more experience here.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

3 if he wants to use virtual IP.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Would i required to follow the same while assigning Lan ip address to MX i.e Individual ip on both MX with one vip or both MX will have same ip Lan address to serve internal traffic.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just one LAN IP

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels