Making changes on MX250 causes down time

SOLVED
IntermtnITDept
Just browsing

Making changes on MX250 causes down time

Hello,

We use an MX250 on our network, and every time we make any sort of change on the device, we lose access to the internet for about a minute. Why does this happen? Is there any way to make any changes on this device without taking the entire company down, or do I really have to wait until after hours to make a small change?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This should not happen. Contact Meraki Support. just click on the Help link on top-right position and cases.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

What specific changes are you making?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

It seems to happen when we make any sort of change at all. Specific examples include creating a new VLAN or editing DHCP. We have not made any changes to the individual ports or the uplink/WAN. We do not have a warm spare.

This should not happen. Contact Meraki Support. just click on the Help link on top-right position and cases.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I mean if you're changing port configs or changing anything within the WAN some type of interruption will be made.

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you by chance using a warm spare configuration and have a direct link between the MX's?

[I tried to remove this reply but I don't see a way to do so.]

Hi @IntermtnITDept 

Is your firmware up to date?

Is it single unit or the setup comes with spare unit?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels