MXDevice Swap of WAN Ports

Solved
RKSierra
New here

MXDevice Swap of WAN Ports

We have traffic shaping setup on one WAN1 (100MB) port and later procured a larger throughput link (WAN2 1 GB) is there a simple way with minimal downtime to move the uplink and traffic shaping or is a physical cable swap the best approach? I am new to Meraki and have spent most my time with Cisco routers. We essentially want WAN2 to become WAN1 and maintain the traffic shaping on WAN2 as it has 1 GB throughput because the 100 MB WAN1 is being saturated.

My mind sees this as a cable swap but if there can be a config change instead that is more ideal. Is there a way to ensure the config is swapped with no loss in traffic or missed lines of configuration?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wouldn't it be easier to change the configuration level instead of reconfiguring the interfaces?

alemabrahao_0-1694536881879.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/MX_Load_Balancing_and_Flow_Preferen...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wouldn't it be easier to change the configuration level instead of reconfiguring the interfaces?

alemabrahao_0-1694536881879.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/MX_Load_Balancing_and_Flow_Preferen...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Great solution, thank you both. Makes sense. 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are load balancing , I don't see the need to swap the cables. As stated just adjust the settings in your flow preferences / Shaping and uplink selection

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels