MX95 - Disabled gateway

VictoryForge
New here

MX95 - Disabled gateway

Meraki M95 - Disabled gateway Error

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some fresh ideas. I've been beating my head against a wall troubleshooting an issue with our network that randomly began Tuesday around 9:30am as users began to connect to the network.

We have a gigabit ISP modem in routed mode going from the LAN port on the modem, to the RJ45 WAN port on the MX95 as it's uplink. We then have a main network switch that connects to the MX95, and that switch provides uplink via fiber to two adjacent switches.

We have had this network running for a couple of years now without any issues. This past Tuesday, randomly, the MX95 began reporting the disabled gateway error, specifically when users began to use the network that day. No updates, errors, power outages or anything has been reported on the MX on Monday, or over the weekend. Now, the issue is occurring every day, causing the network to just barely function.

Meraki support has not been able to locate any issues on the Meraki side of things. Obviously with the loss to the gateway, it points towards the ISP being the issue. We did swap out the uplink cable from the modem to the MX95, and confirmed the issue persists.

The ISP has now gotten involved, and of course they are not seeing any issues with their equipment, fiber line, etc. They have swapped out our modem, re provisioned it, and re terminated the fiber connection but the issue seems to still be persisting.

What's odd is, the modem reports full broadband connectivity, and is not reporting a bad connection.

Any ideas? Is there something I am not checking that I should? At this point, we're in between support teams and nobody can seem to put a finger on where the issue is. Personally, this seems like an ISP issue to me.

Thank you.

0 Replies 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels