MX87 Connection issues

SOLVED
Halil
Here to help

MX87 Connection issues

Hello everybody,

I have got a MX87 with 2 Uplinks. WAN 1 works fine and everything is ok. If I try to use WAN 2 as my primary uplink, the MX itself can connect to the network and ping google.at but it doesn´t provide any connectivity over its ports. 

Did anyone had the same issue before and can tell me what to do.

Thanks in Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Halil
Here to help

Hello form members, 

the solution for this problem was to swap primary MX with the secondary over Meraki Dashboard. I cannot relate any reason to the issue but after we did this everything worked fine. Seems like a bug.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

If you disconnect your WAN2 from the MX, connect it to your laptop, setup your static IP (if it has any) and test your connection to verify if its working at all or not. Sounds like that connection has issues nothing to do with the MX
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Make sure you've got a software firewall enabled on your laptop before you run this test!

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Is there an upsteam possibly NAT device from the MX on either uplinks?

Also to confirm is this MX67 or MX84?

Halil
Here to help

Hello form members, 

the solution for this problem was to swap primary MX with the secondary over Meraki Dashboard. I cannot relate any reason to the issue but after we did this everything worked fine. Seems like a bug.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels