MX68 - 50 client limitation for WIFI deployment

Aargmematey
Just browsing

MX68 - 50 client limitation for WIFI deployment

I am looking to set up a 20 AP Public WIFI greenfield deployment as cheap as possible. Looking to have an MX68 with dual 100/40M NBN FTTP internet connections 1 x MS210 Switch and 20 MR33 AP's. The MX68 should be able to handle the dual NBN throughput as it isn't going to have any VPN load but I am worried about stated limitation of 50 clients as I am predicting could have up to 100 trying to connect simultaneously at peak times. Has anyone had any experience with real world client load on any of the new gen MX67 w/c or 68 w/cw? Do you think the lack of SDWAN/VPN enabled should mean the MX should be able to handle more than 50 clients? 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The published 50 client limit isn't a hard value - but where the unit will start running out of CPU power if it has most functions turned on.

If you turn off all the security features you'll punch a bit higher, but I would be going for an MX84.

Agreed, if the budget can take it I would definitely go for an 84.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels