MX67W Splash Page Not Working

Solved
Jordan83
Here to help

MX67W Splash Page Not Working

I don't know what I am doing wrong or missing, but I can not get any splash page to show up.  I have a Security license.  I am also trying to do it with SplashAccess.  I could also not get it to show up without SplashAccess.  I followed the guides on SplashAccess offered, no luck.  I just connect to the WIFI network and nothing shows up and I get no access out of course. Seems like a lot of guides are old or are only for AP and not MX with Wifi. Anyone ever had this issue?

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Works fine on mx68w so it should work on mx67w to. Did you try using another client? What firmware  version you are running?  I know there  where problems with splash page and mx67 mx68 on older firmware versions before 15.13. Try  contact support and ask for latest 15.x version. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I am fairly sure SplashAccess doesn't work with the MX internal wireless. If it doesn't I don't think it is intended to.

I know this is for an MR, but did you follow these instructions? I was able to do that with a MX65W, although I didn't setup the SplashAccess back end.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Splash_pages_with_PayPal_or_Credit_Card_Billing/#...

I asked SplashAccess and they said YES it does work with MX67W. I am only using their Demo access now.

No I did not follow the Cisco docs, but I did follow the Splash docs.  I mean it seemed like it should work.  Why would I have the option if it was not available for MX with Wifi... 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The WiFi built into an MX does not support Meraki spash plages.  You need a full MR for that.

Splash Access works because they can do it on a VLAN basis (so it works on just an MX).

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Works fine on mx68w so it should work on mx67w to. Did you try using another client? What firmware  version you are running?  I know there  where problems with splash page and mx67 mx68 on older firmware versions before 15.13. Try  contact support and ask for latest 15.x version. 

Firmware
Up to date
Current version: MX 14.40

I will contact support.  But why wouldn't the latest version already be offered, or is it beta?  If it is a beta version then I can enable my MX to download the beta.

I called Meraki Tech Support and they pushed out the latest firmware MX 15.22 and now Splash Pages works for my WiFi networks!

Do you mean the splash page is only available to devices connected via copper to the MX and not WIFI?  That does not make any sense to me as to why Meraki would do that.  I am given the option to do a splash page for an SSID... therefor I should obviously be able to do so.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On mx the splash  page works on the vlan. The ssid is bridged to the vlan so it should work. There is a bug in some 15 beta code so you cant upgrade  yourself  a.t.m.

WW, do you have a case number for when you were able to get a 15.x firmware to resolve your issue? Meraki support is asking me for it as a reference. Thanks.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels