MX67C used only for the WAN SIM card port - does it support bridge mode in that way?

Solved
Philippe50
Conversationalist

MX67C used only for the WAN SIM card port - does it support bridge mode in that way?

Hello,

I am planning to have a Meraki MX67C for the LTE function. The MX67C would be used only for the LTE function and I will connect the SIM card in the dedicated WAN SIM card port. Only the WAN SIM card port will be used, not the other WAN ports. The SIM card come with 1 static Public IP. At the LAN side of the MX67C, I will connect to a FW. The inbound traffic would be: Internet (SIM card) - MX67C - Firewall. The Firewall must have the public IP and must do the NAT, so I need the MX67C in bridge mode. I saw that the MX permit bridge mode/passthrough mode acting as a layer 2. But I would like to check if any of you have already tried this scenario with LTE only. A lot of examples come with a non-meraki Edge router, or with a LTE modem connected to the MX67C, bridge mode for wired WAN like MPLS/Internet, which is not my case. I think this is feasible but just want to be sure. Thank you 🙂

1 Accepted Solution

Thank you @jdsilva for your quick response!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope, you're not going to be able to do what you want with an MX. It will always require an IP on its cellular interface. 

I don't think the cellular interface is even supported in pass-thru mode... Let me check that. 

Thank you @jdsilva for your quick response!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels