MX67 Interconnectivity Issues

DKetchum
Just browsing

MX67 Interconnectivity Issues

We set up a MX67. It can ping and connect back to the HQ office but if we run an application hosted at the HQ then it will lag out.

16 Replies 16
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, this could be happening for any number of reasons. It could be a problem with your link, it could be high usage of the box, it could be an application problem.

Do you have link balancing active? If so, have you tried to create an SD-WAN rule forcing this traffic to this specific destination and giving preference to only one of its links?

Something like this.

alemabrahao_0-1705336679950.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Do I need to configure the VPN route for the device although the clients connected are directly connected? Our connection is as such: The MX is connected to a dummy switch, the clients are connected to the switch. I am thinking if we are needing to configure the traffic to go through the HQ. Is that possible?

In SD-WAN, route exchange is automatic, can you show how your VPN is configured on both sites?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Are you asking for the Site-to-site VPN from the added network and also the HQ?

This configuration.

alemabrahao_0-1705343273591.png

Attached are the VPN configurations.

HQ1.pngHQ2.pngPP1.pngPP2.png

It looks good, so I return to my original question, do you have two links and do you balance the links?

We are utilizing 1 link.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>we run an application hosted at the HQ

Is it a "lite" application, like a web app - or is it a "thick" app like Microsoft Access?

What is the speed of your link at HQ and the spoke?

The application is SAP. It is a thick application. How can I view the speeds?

What is the link speed, SAP is very resource hungry especially if you have a complex set up. 

HQ link speed: 1Gbps Full Duplex

Spoke: 1Gbps Full Duplex

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware are you running?  An MX67 will not pass traffic at 1Gb/s and depending on the firmware version and features enabled it will be much less.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also I presume you mean 1Gb/s upload and 1Gb/s download as WAN connections do not have duplex in the same way as LANs.  They are usually a single fibre.  If you are looking at the WAN port of the MX, that is simply the maximum speed that the port can run at and not the WAN speed.

Spoke(MX67) firmware version 18.107.2

HQ(MX100) firmware version 18.107.5

As far as the speeds, I asked earlier how do I view the speeds? Are you requesting I run a speed test while being directly connected?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When you order a WAN service then you should be told the speed, if you cannot get this information then yes, a speedtest from a local client when it is quiet would give you a good idea.  Do you know what kind of services they are - fibre leased line, VDSL (part fibre broadband), dial up modem etc.?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.