MX64 to Aruba 2930F switch vlan issue

kishan
Getting noticed

MX64 to Aruba 2930F switch vlan issue

Hi All,

I have MX64 uplink with 4G modem and connected port 1 with Aruba 2930F series switch.

I have configured 3 vlans in MX and connected to Aruba switch. 
configured Native vlan 1 and allowed vlans all on MX. what configuration I need to do in Aruba? 

or is there any chance i can configure vlan on Aruba instead of MX?

please suggest me.

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You will need to ensure that the Aruba is configured to 'know about' the 3 vlans, and that the port connected to the MX is configured to trunk those vlans.

Not sure of the exact syntax on Aruba switches but in Cisco world, that invloves:

• Creating 3 vlans on the switch:
         Switch(config)# vlan 1-3
  • Configuring the port as a trunk
          Switch(config)# interface gi1/1
          Switch(config-if)# switchport mode trunk

The following link might help with the syntax/process.
Configuring VLANs (arubanetworks.com)

kishan
Getting noticed

you mean I have to configure vlans on MX and also in Switch?

What i have done: 
Configure 2 Vlans in MX.

port 1 of MX is connected to Port 24 on Aruba switch (on MX Native vlan 1 and allowed vlans all)

Now on Aruba SW i have configured same 2 vlan. Port 24 is tagged. 

please let me know if i did wrong

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you mean I have to configure vlans on MX and also in Switch?

Yes, the Aruba needs to have the VLAN configured to be able to pass traffic on that VLAN.
It doesn't need a VLAN gateway/Virtual Interface though as this will be on the MX.

What i have done: 
Configure 2 Vlans in MX.

port 1 of MX is connected to Port 24 on Aruba switch (on MX Native vlan 1 and allowed vlans all)

Now on Aruba SW i have configured same 2 vlan. Port 24 is tagged. 

When you say Port 24 is tagged, do you mean it's allowing tagged traffic or tagging incoming traffic?

Mind you, some of this configuration is dependent on what you're trying to achieve as the end goal.
The above assumes that the Aruba will be tagging traffic downstream, and sending tagged traffic to the upstream MX where the VLAN gateway resides.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels